Dental Crowns SHERMAN OAKS
Crowns services offered in Sherman Oaks, San Fernando Valley, CA
Each year, up to 2.3 million Americans get dental crowns to repair weak, damaged, or decaying teeth. If you have a cracked or chipped tooth, it’s crucial to seek treatment. At Sherman Oaks Smile Studio, Dr. Niki Zarabian, our cosmetic and family dentist, works with local dental labs to create personalized crowns just for you. Contact our office in Sherman Oaks, California, or easily book your appointment online today!
What are dental crowns?
A dental crown is like a cap, usually made of porcelain or another strong material, that is placed over a tooth to protect it. Once it’s bonded in place and dried, the crown helps your tooth regain its original shape and size. With a crown, you can bite and chew comfortably while lowering the chances of any major issues.
Why are dental crowns needed?
At Sherman Oaks Smile Studio, Dr. Zarabian and the team use dental crowns to:
- Protect teeth that are weak
- Restore teeth that are broken or worn down
- Cover dental implants
- Secure dental bridges
- Cover teeth after root canal treatment
If you have stubborn stains or discoloration that cosmetic treatments like teeth whitening can’t fix, a dental crown might be a great option for you.
What’s the process for getting a dental crown?
How do I take care of a dental crown?
- Brushing your teeth twice daily
- Flossing once daily
- Visiting Dr. Zarabian twice a year for an oral exam and professional teeth cleaning
- Wearing a mouthguard when playing sports
- Avoiding bad habits like nail-biting or chewing on ice cubes